Tuesday 21 April 2020

DAY 26: SINGLE SERVE MENDING

As a professional mother I travel. A lot. Hotels are part of my weekly working life and my children reap all of the goodie bag rewards. Single serves of biscotti, organic soaps, liquid conditioner, hand soap and all the rest get divvied up when mom gets home. Sometimes there is a thank you but the rewards is really in watching the children's simple sample pleasures. In 2021 I read that all single service items in hotels will be removed. That is good because I always carry my own anyway, hence the glutton grab fest upon my return.

The sewing kit has always be the sample not selected so they have all found themselves in single serves gathered in the art room drawer. With less frequent flyer miles and more frequent free time I have taken needle to thread to repair the family wardrobes. Favourite socks with holes, missing dress shirt buttons, winter coat clasps and the rest are all getting minded and mended. It has been refreshing but as you can see here world's collide